Thursday, January 1, 2009

The End


Photo taken by totomai


I have something to tell you.
Sometimes I wish you were dead.
That way it would be easier to move on,
You’ll be rotting, bones turning black and slimy
And that would be enough to crack my
shell: There's no turning back.

My friend and I were were discussing how
love always ends in grief one way or the
other, someone always leaves someone.

You think that there is no pain greater
than death between lovers. All
those Romeo and Juliet shtick.

Don’t you know that it’s a gift ?
To die is to be transformed by the
essence of a longing that will forever be
unmet. By dying you become
a god, distilled of all your ugliness,
you are now the epitome of joy, perfect.
So not like this. You traitor, you subversive,
leaving me with indigo skies. breath
trailing mind, this stupid pendulum of
loss and hope.