Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Small Good Things II

In the process of moving on and forgetting someone, everything matters. Because a little nudge of memory is a thief that tugs you back to sadness, one has to look for the small good things in life vigilantly. Sometimes we have to fake it, that happy smile until it becomes part of us again.

My bestfriend is back from his vacation in Pinas. And so we had a lunch date yesterday to update each other (me: final break-up) (him: did not propose to gf, thinks he doesnt love her anymore). And although the news we had for each other are somewhat grim, we still managed to laugh like crazy, because of all the side comments and wry remarks we threw at each other while one of us was recounting his sad tale.

Funny, but I think he is the perfect male version of T, my girl bestfriend. He's hilarious, and I'm hilarious when I'm with him, like we don't really care if we look silly laughing or we're talking too loud, we just enjoy yapping about silly stuffs.
Tonight as we were on the train on our way to our apartment buildings, an old woman barked at us for being too noisy. I laughed, and gave him a wink. This is the 2nd time in a month that we've been reprimanded for laughing and talking too loudly in the train. So yes, I may be still sad and all, but I have a bestfriend here, someone who tells me " Babatukan na kita eh, two months ka nang ganyan..o may eyebags ka na!"
hahaha.

I thought before that I could never find a circle of friends as thick and as close as that of my Samsung family. While it is true that most of them have become like my bestfriends for life, who welcomed me back as if not a year has passed, it surprises me to find myself in a nice nifty family of sorts in my new company. There's Kuya R and his wife, who we look up to like real older siblings, there's the bestfriend who introduced me to them, and then there's K, who inspires me for how she turned her life around. I have heard the advice all too often, thrown at me by well-meaning friends, that I'll get over the pain, how I'd love again but they sound empty sometimes. But when K told me that, we almost cried together, because she did it, turned her past circumstance (which was more difficult than mine by a factor of ten and two cute babies) and how she's finally happy now.

There is also my original Ate, and her husband, our church pastor, who are all too willing to help me and be my spiritual guides. I appreciate that though they know me and the ex fully well, how they have opted for neutrality. And knowing that I am the one who's more affected, they have opened their doors to me to be my weekend retreat whenever I need some guidance.

And there's my dad and my brother, who promised to visit me on October. I still have a month to prepare an itinerary for them. After October, it's only two months before my vacation to Pinas.

So yes I'm not really happy, but I'm blessed, and I have some mighty angels on my side. :)