It's another day. I walked to the office in heels, slacks and a gigantic knapsack on my back. How's that for fashion? Haha. In my backpack were, 12 huge apples, three kilos of raw chestnuts. Gifts given to us by the company, now my gift to my Pastor and his wife, my ate.
The day went by in a zip as I was busy finishing up some equipment datasheets. In between the tasks I sneaked in texts to my mother and hi, how are you? chats with some close friends. Lunch was spent yapping with the officemates. And then it was 6:30! Time for me and a friend to meet pastor, ate and their uber cute daughter kim, who's my godchild. So off we went to a pizza restaurant, Kim being all bubbly and lovable as ever. Another churchmate and his Pakistani officemate joined us. We chatted about Pakistan, Canada (where my new Pakistani friend is a permanent resident), Philippines, about our companies, biometrics, about a new tower in Tokyo, and time and again my ate and I sneaked in some girl talk as we watch over Kim running around the resto. It was an enjoyable time, so relaxed and fluid that we parted ways past 10 pm, which is pretty late considering that we have work tomorrow and I live an hour away from the resto.
Still no worries as I am with one of my bestfriend. In the train we chatted about faith, and how uplifting it is to love God. We spoke about pain and our own little struggles, how sometimes we give up and think that we will never be good enough to be forgiven by the Lord, so why bother? But how He always finds a way to show that despite our inconsistencies, he is always present and waiting.
Because I promised to buy a few cans of coconut milk for our Kuya which he will use to make biko for a small get-together on Saturday, we dropped by at the Lotte Mart near our apartment and bought the promised gata. And then, because my bestfriend still wants to heave out some of the things that's bothering him, we sat by the small park near our apartments and talked, or he talked and I listened and told him what I thought about the things that were bothering him. It took us another thirty minutes before we went our separate ways to our own flats, just a few minutes before midnight. And suddenly the day is gone. And I will sleep with the promise of another day, perhaps as ordinary as today, and maybe as special too.
There is something wondrous about sharing the little things in life, sometimes all we need really is a sense of kinship, that we are giving back something, sharing a part of our time, how we are touching lives. And then every little event is just joy, each day a little less ordinary.

