I spent my Sunday playing peek-a-boo with Kim, the almost two year old pretty child of my church pastor, and my god-daughter. It was fun running around the church after mass and eliciting the same shrill shrek of surprise from a kid who is happy playing the same game over and over again. And it's the first time I really felt close to this kid,to whom I have an obligation to guide and to mold into a good person.
And so now I am in church for the most part of Sunday, slowly slowly opening up to my faith brothers and sisters. As I think about all that has transpired, it is this gift of faith that I am thankful for. This return to my church and the happiness I feel when I am with them.
I am truly happy now. Part of it is because when you are in the company of children, you can't help but be buoyant. Part is because of Ate Susan and the other people who share their life's lessons so openly to me, a continuing lesson on how with God's grace we can conquer everything. I realize that I am happiest when I connect with people through conversations. I love talking and listening about life, about my lessons and theirs. I am addicted to the hope that comes with belief.
And so it is with joy that I am looking forward to some beautiful plan slowly taking shape in the horizon. I thought before that I was not ready to jump again, but now there is a buzz in my steps, an enthusiasm for the months ahead. And I know it is my God's gift, an answer to my plea for new beginnings.

