Saturday, October 16, 2010

Slackerville

This is what I do on weekends.
I go out on a Friday with a friend. Usually to eat and roam around the cold streets of Seoul. I keep my eyes open during this trips, willing my eyes to see diamonds among the rush of shoppers, the flurry of stores and merchandise. What can I say? I am a natural bargain hunter.

Dinner and then coffee. The conversation fodder are always the same : about the week, people who piss us off,vacation plans, the latest korean television series and my crazy new business ideas. Fridays flow from one week to the other, but I don’t mind. I get to have someone with me as I roam the streets for good finds.

Friday means coming home at 11 PM and reading a book till 2. Then wake up at 10 AM to eat the bad stuff. Saturday is my “ME” day. When I eat without care--- chocolates and chips and instant noodles for brunch and dinner. After five days of office work, it's a relief to stay home doing stuffs at my own pace and fashion.

Today, I spent my morning finishing Dan Brown’s Lost Symbol. (It’s Crap. Sorry Dan Brown, I know believe that your Angels & Demons/Da Vinci Code stature are nothing but flukes), finished some business stuffs, then chatted with the family in faraway Pinas. I had no proper food in the pantry, but it didn’t matter. I got by eating Whatchamacallits, Pringles Sour Cream and a pack of Digestive cookies. Funny thing is, after eating all that junk food and having done nothing but sit and lounge around my room, I weighed in and lost half a kilo! Haha. So it may be true, Stress can literally weigh one down hahaha because despite the calorie-laden food, I lost weight haha.

The thing about weekends is though I still work (To-Do stuffs for the business never ever end!), I am just at home in my ratty shorts and tank top, typing up stuffs while watching inane movies like The Expendables. I don’t have to pretend that I’m prissy. My hair can look frizzy and bedraggled, I can wear anything (or nothing) and best of all, I can stop and do silly stuffs (like sing-along to Gin Blossoms, or suddenly dance around the room in tune to Glee’s fast tunes) and I’d still be okay, I’d still meet my self-imposed deadline.

I am a citizen of Slackerville on weekends. I do the stuffs I like without care -- read, watch movies, work a bit, chat with family, and well, type silly stuffs such as this at 2 AM, Sunday.

Sunday is chores day- groceries, exercise, sometimes buying sprees for the shop, ironing clothes and mental preparation for the week ahead. But my Saturdays are sweet but short candies.