Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shifts

It suddenly dawned on me that I juggle two, no three jobs. The first one, the day job, I do for the money and for the intellectual challenge. And basically half of my day (10-12 hours) are spent wearing my engineer's hat. After work, I slough off the numbers and I go into full entrepreneur mode, buying stocks, pricing the items, checking the mail, making updates. And in between, I try to indulge in my love of baking, setting free the impish experimenter in me.

And so tonight, at near midnight, I await for the last batch of cookies baking in the oven. And though I am tired, I am happy. There are small happiness that only our own selves can fully understand, these shifts, these roles I've chosen to shift through day after day, these are what makes me hopeful, happy at the moment.

~0~