Dearest,
I love you....
I have not said these three words to anyone before.
Not because I have not loved anyone before this but because I was afraid.
I was afraid to expose my feelings and then get hurt.
But then I realized there should be no fear nor shame in letting someone know she is loved...
that she has completely changed a person's perspective about love and life...
that she is being missed when she's not around...
and that she fills someone's thoughts all the time.
And please don't worry.
I am not expecting anything from you.
I am not even expecting you to reply to any of my texts after this
I just want you to know you are loved...
This is love, with all its hope and bravado, the complications of honesty in the face of vulnerability or at worst, possible ridicule. This is love condensed in a note. (Isn't it weird, how often we can condense love in a single act, letter, a single gesture, a look, or an hour of togetherness.)
And no, the letter above isn’t mine. It’s actually a note my friend gave to the love of her life just a couple of days ago. I posted it here with her permission because it is too beautiful not to be shared and because I think every girl secretly wishes to receive a letter as beautiful: Eloquent, real, and utterly raw in its honesty.
And so I’m sharing it for those who have become pessimistic about the power of love, how it moves us, even as outsiders looking in. :-)

