I am a sucker for dramatic moments. There’s a term for someone who is overly dramatic - a histrionic. A few years ago I used to be a full-blown drama queen, complete with tears and shattered dreams.
Now, when I think about it, I cringe in embarassment. Was I really that out of touch with reality?
So I have always been particularly understanding with friends undergoing crises. I know how it feels to be so utterly crazy about something or someone.
Except when that someone or something is like two years ago and it was not even a relationship, merely a fling. It gets a bit tiring to hear all that drama cycling through our conversations.
Sometimes I want to strangle him. Except he’s miles away. Aaack, you feel you owe that person something? What? When you were together only for two nights? He gets quiet and then shifts to his present drama, the one who got away but keeps coming back to him..For a day or two at least.
It’s hard to be bestfriends with a drama king. I sometimes feel like a tape recorder spewing words to a deaf listener. And yet because I love him utterly (in a purely platonic way, may I add), I will not stop until he gets mad or gets fed up enough to finally take a step forward. Haaay, the problem really is the heart is a stubborn mule. And even brilliant and utterly good-looking people can turn into delusional Romeos who are allergic to Moving On.
Still, it’s better this way. Seeing and listening to all that drama instead of being in the middle of one is a small good thing.

