
photo taken by totomai.
One of my closest friend and confidante told me during our get-together that I'm handling this year pretty well considering all the drama that I've placed myself in. The one thing she said that stuck with me was "Even if you think that people can see your pain, they can't. You carry yourself pretty well." And so while 2008 was like a true-to-life no seatbelt ride through life, where I went through feeling like a hot babe/ great catch into a leper/unwanted soul, from UK to Pinas to Seoul, Where I forged friendships, let go of some, and rekindled old ones. Where I got hooked on the rapids and the thrill of the river, where I lost 10 pounds from sorrow and gained 20 pounds five months after. Well, while I am thankful that I came out of this year truly scathed and marked but still hopeful and optimistic, I can't wait for 2009!
Sister and I made a pact to make 2009 as our Year of Personal Reinvention. In the midst of the global recession, and the uncertainty posed in my industry (Oil & Gas), and the fact that we are free (from lovers, from commitments) we hope to make this year a chance to follow our passions as opposed to following where the money trail is.
For myself at least, I tag the coming year as the year of loving myself better. I gave so much of myself to other people last year changing my plans for them and accomodating them. This year it's all about my dreams-- my soon-to-open business, writing, travelling and of course earning! It is our time to shine not for other people, but for our own self-fulfillment. :)

