Sunday, December 7, 2008

Passion

“Nice people with common sense do not make interesting characters, they only make good former spouses.” Isabel Allende

- o - o - o -

My wish for you is this—
silence.

Go, run as faraway from my
life, I do not want you,
I need no reminder of your existence.
You are but a dried wound, and what is
one more scar to a warrior?

- 0 - 0 - 0 -

I lived in so many houses
But none of them was mine.
Always there were others who came first,
Someone who owned them—strangers,
my mother, my father, a grandfather.
I, the perpetual boarder.

Well, I’m fed up with being
left with nothing as permanent
as a house, so I’ve set out to building one,
Starting tonight—
I want three rooms, a door out back.
And out front I will post in lieu of
a welcome to my house, my temple, my head
and heart, a sign, Passion lives here.