Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hello, Good Vibes!

And so it seems that it has been one year since I posted anything on my first blog. I still do blog, but mostly about the places I travelled, stuff I ate, new items I've bought and loved. It's a sort of leisure-slash-pleasure blog and why I do enjoy writing about these finds, I suddenly find myself longing for the long drawn monologues of the past. So here I am again, typing stuff. I decided that from now on, this blog would be my rant and type blog. Writing whatever comes to mind. So let's start: On paper, my salary is high, but honestly, it irritates me that I am taxed at least 1,500€ per month. Like, seriously? That's more than a month's salary in Pinas! And that's almost a third of my salary! Sigh, I had a bigger net when I was working in Korea than in Europe. I suppose one cannot have it all. I wanted to come to Europe so I can travel, so there, now I must deal with the fact that my salary is less than what it was two years ago, add to that that I now live in a country where stuff are more expensive than in Korea. Still, I say, I have no right to bitch. It is a privilege I know, and I'm lucky to be given such opportunities. Kaya lang, nasisira ang budget ko sa ipon dahil dito. Mahirap pagsabayin ang pamamasyal sa mas maliit na sahod ano? Iniisip ko na lang na ganun talaga ang buhay, may trade-offs. Pagkakataon ko na ang mamasyal ng mamasyal dito hanggang gusto ko (at kaya ng bulsa!) kaya sige, backseat muna ang ipon. This year is my year of travelling incessantly. Ang target ko, 6 countries minimum this year. So far (di kasama ang Spain ha, since dito naman ako nakabase diba?) Nakapag The Netherlands na ako. Next week, Hungary at Vienna, sa May naman ay Portugal, at sa June ako ay magsosolo trip sa Lyon, France. All trips booked, salamat sa budget airlines! Next target ko ay ang one week summer holiday sa August. Eto nagaabang abang pa ng murang tickets. For this year, kebs na lang sa shitty work at shitty taxes, as long as I can live to travel! :D