Today I found myself at the Health Center.
I had a stiffneck since yesterday and I felt that I needed to have it checked so off I went to the Health Center. Not all Spanish professionals are good in english, so I've prepared my spiels in Spanish, thanks to google translate. Tengo rigidir el en cuello( My neck is stiff)
Desde ayer(Since yesterday)
All doctor's appointments in Madrid must be booked in advance, so I asked our HR manager to book for me in Spanish. As I sat waiting for my turn. I sigh. It was already twenty minutes after my consultation time, and I still have to go to the office after this. It dawned on me. Our Filipino time must have been inherited from Spanish' sense of time. As in Pinas, in Spain, whether in restaurants, health centers or even in the banks, be prepared to wait!
So anyway, I finally get my turn. I say, Habla Ingles? And she said, yes I will try. Hallelujah! So there, she checks my back, found a swollen muscle, and tells me I need to take a medicine to deal with the pain. Then she says, Are you a Filipina? Yes I am! Do you know any other Filipinas? The doctor says, Oh, my housekeeper is Filipina. I smile and say that's great! So anyway, the ice was broken, I got a diagnosis, and a prescription for free. **Well, to be honest, with the 300 Euros we pay monthly for SS, it better be free! I bought my 8 days prescription (3 caps a day) and how much do I pay for the meds? 79 cents. Yes, less than 50 effing pesos! Hallelujah!

