Sunday, May 13, 2012
Lucky
My brother and I have the sweetest mother in the world. So sweet that, at my age (I'm thirty three), living in a country and being a few hours ahead, I'd wake up to her texts of good morning and I-love-you's everyday. When we're at home she personally checks our things and wakes us up every single day. Our ritual, on my frequent trips in and out of Pinas is that I would place all the stuff I need to bring with me on her huge bed and she'll pack the things in my luggage. She'll place additional items-- like a small bible, additional medicines for my allergies and little keepsakes to help and "protect" me while I am away. It's our luck, that we have an awesome and very non-temperamental mother.
It's mother's day and though both my brother and I cannot be at home to thank her for it, we're glad that with B and S, our other family members, she had a nifty day out.
B said that when they read my brother's message to her today at the restaurant, she cried. Which is not a surprise really, because my mother is such a crybaby haha!
And since I could not have written it better, let me repost my brother's Mother's Day message to our beloved Mamsy:
As the hours slowly fall into nothingness and a new day will come to rule,
I contemplate on all your sacrifices, all that you had to go through to
mold a daughter and a son to the best persons they ever could be...
I hope we carry your lineage with pride and honor. Thank you for everything.
Advanced Happy Mother's day, Mom. You are the the BEST IN THE WORLD.

