I am a bit disheartened because I am knee-deep in work thus I have no time to compose my thoughts and make an entry for my writing blog.
Tonight I got home at half past nine, the earliest in a week. I sneaked off, because hell, I need a break from work. I need some extra sleep and a bit of time for myself.
So yes, there will be no new posts just yet as I spent my time pacifying my spirit by reading through my bookmarked essays and poems. At the moment I am devouring Mark Strand's poems. Here's one that I like best. It's simple yet heavy with meaning. Perhaps because, as someone who moves through places constantly, living the last five years in different countries, it spoke to me. It's exactly how I feel at times. I do feel that this piece is pretty similar to a pseudo-poem I made for someone a few years back. (Of course mine was awful, though at that time it was I thought a brilliant and utterly honest piece haha!).
So here it is, Mark Strand's short yet utterly lovely poem:
Keeping Things Whole
In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.
When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body's been.
We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.
- Mark Strand

