After half a day of waiting I finally got the results of my medical tests today. It seems that I am not dying after all, well at least not due to any hidden illness. That bloody thing, the symptom that I thought was a sign of a new growth is now confirmed to be nothing more than a side-effect of a medicine I took for a few months. The tests at least concluded that I had no problem with my lungs, my kidneys, my liver and no, there's not a hint of ovarian cancer.
But, well, funny that I went to the doctor for one thing and got diagnosed for another. So yes I am relatively healthy except that my blood pressure is over the top. Spent a bloody hour waiting for the reading to stabilize, the nurse taking my blood pressure a total of 5 times in 10 minute intervals. The doctor was making those alarming shrugs as the readings ranged from 153/100 to 143/90. He tells me it's such a rare case for someone as young as me to have such high blood pressure and got into questioning my habits--food, work stress, physical activity, family. So now I have to take the same hypertension medicine as my mom, at least for a month. After that, I'll go and see him again. He prescribed a low salt, low fat diet and advised me to limit my intake of spicy stuffs, which is a bit laughable and ironic because I am living in the land of red chilies and fiery kimchis. That, plus a prescription for exercise which admittedly is something I've neglected the past month. Well, there it is. I'm okay but hypertensive and about to embark on a diet and exercise program for what I suppose is a longer and better life.

