If I were there with you, I'd pull you out of that little hole you're in. Maybe we'd go to the Mall, buy a couple of bootleg DVDs and watch them until I hear you laughing without that sad undertone. Maybe we'd go to Davao and paddle through the white water, maybe we could stay at the beach until night time. I'd be there with you and Dad, we'll laugh and tease each other. But then, Davao will remind you of what you need to get away from.
I know it's hard,dear, that sudden vacuum. The empty hours you never thought you had. It's in your voice, that same cackle, the break, the silence that is taken in order for you to compose your thoughts, to steady your voice. But you'll get over it, little brother. I will be here, away but near. And it will always be perfectly okay for me to listen to your cries, to listen to your memories, the regrets. The wish of another chance with her. For so long we've taken her in as part of our family, but as I've learned, things change. And so it may be hard now, but one day you'll be okay again. You'd look back and cherish the memories, savour them without the bitter aftertaste, then you'll know that you're finally okay. Yes it's entirely possible too that in the end it will still be the two of you. But for now, take the time to heal and slowly live it as you should. A broken heart is the most painful thing in the world but you will certainly be well again.
So cheer up my little brother, we live and learn. And when all else fail, you can always count on us,le famille.

