Sunday, December 26, 2010

Looking Back, Moving Up Part 2 + A diatribe on winter

I am at the office and barking like a dog. Now I wish I had the foresight not to come to work today. Instead, I disrupt the silence at my floor with crackly, thunder-lightning coughs. Waaaa! Add to that a dull though tolerable headache (I think it’s due to inflamed sinuses from too much sniffling). I hate winter!
I will spare my officemates tomorrow and take the day off. I just finished my VP works so there’s no pending workload until the New Year. Thankfully, our company announced that the office will be closed on the 30th and the 31st. Long weekend ahead!

~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~
Among my to-do’s in 2011, I am most excited planning my very first solo, long-haul trip to another continent. It is an indulgence, but I know I deserve it! Four days on my own and two days visiting relatives. Yay! I am so looking forward to May! It will also be an acid test if I’d pursue my plan of relocating there. It’s nice to have something to plan for!

Opening a small food shop in a mall in Davao is still my biggest To-Do thing for 2011. I’m going to take it slow though, planning meticulously so there will be less unwanted surprises when the shop is already in operation.

And of course continued growth of THE LITTLE COOL SHOP, my tiny but cute retail shop in Davao. Here’s hoping for more clients, more resellers and new lines to introduce. It is more of a wistful thinking, but who knows, I might get a chance to open a new branch within the year!

So these are my main plans for 2011. Of course it goes without saying that I want to keep fit/eat healthy, set aside some moolah for savings and keep my day job. 