It has become a habit for me to cocoon on weekends. I go out and meet friends on weeknights, but weekends I keep to myself. It is a boring life, no? Actually, not really.
I spent my weekend testing recipes. Yes, something in me has clicked again. And I have tested two recipes, varied oven temperatures, the pastry shape and generally took note on how to modify them to get the results I want. The goodies came out edible and nice, but not good enough for the thing I have planned. So off to the drawing board. Another recipe testing on the weekend.
I'm going back to doing Pilates after a three month hiatus. I realize I need it to help me calm down and be more compassionate.
It's weird how something physical as pilates can make me feel more at peace with the world. And it is what I need right now, something calm me into focus.
Things are so-so at the moment, but there are things I am thankful for -- the shop, this excitement, this frenzy of ideas for my next entrepreneurial baby, the fam, and just knowing that I am still here in Seoul, thriving despite naysayers and backstabbers.
I am going to be true to myself--in my next venture and in my life from now on. It's dissapointing to accomodate people only to realize they're nothing but insecure bitches. Thank God, for every bad seed I encounter, I am buoyed by the thought that there is a band of friends I can lean on when shit happens. I smirk, because hell, whatever happens I am certain that I am loved.

