The Three Fs: Fit, Fat, Fire
Fit for Fun
I gained not less than 15 pounds since May, part of it is because I used food for comfort, took to it when boredom hit and well I just felt I had the right to slack off. But it’s time to shake off regrets and those excess fats. I’m going back to the road to fitness: I jogged for the first time in Months last Sunday, I have started to limit my food intake and have started to do some aerobic exercises. All this in preparation for a climb up to Mt. Kinabalu in three weeks time. I’ve decided that three weeks of sacrifice will pay up to a fun time in September.
Fire in the Belly
What is it that makes me want to go at it despite rising competition? Despite the uncertainty? It’s the fire in the belly. That inner voice that I’m doing the right thing. And that despite the really slow pace and the risks, I am enjoying every minute of it. It’s enough to buoy me over the drudgery of the business.
Back when I lived in London, I used to love watching a show called Dragon’s Den. In the show, small entrepreneurs would present themselves, literally self their biz ideas to venture capitalists in exchange for start-up capital. I guess that started the fire, I’ve always been enterprising. I sold baked macaroni to m y officemates back when I was still working in Pasig, I also sold my old books periodically but this current venture is my biggest jump into business. I am excited, a bit fearful and totally committed to doing the best that I can to kindle the fire and turn it into something spectacularly big.
On ending friendships
I never thought I’d be the one to kill a friendship, but there are times when you know you just have to go about and cut ties for the moment just so you are not dragged back into issues that should have been killed off a long time ago. You can’t be a friend to someone who deceives even herself, who uses you and gets mad at you when you tell her something you think she should know. I think she believes that it’s because I’ve found new friends that I’m severing ties. It’s of course not true, if it was, I would have never tried to introduce her to them. But when I heard her dissing my friends and being the same self-absorbed person that she is, I realize that there is something wrong with this friendship. I deserve a better kind. So friendship, well it’s like any relationship I guess, sometimes it loses steam and it goes pffffffffffftt.

