How does a reading start, you ask?
It begins when out of the blue, something omniscient, like God or Allah or the force behind the Universe, shakes your life a tiny bit, just enough for your path to collide with people you need to meet.
Two years ago
A confession. Back when I was still happily in love and kind of optimistic that I have my life planned out for me, I came across a post about soul reading. Apparently, there was a soul reader somewhere in Quezon City who for a fee would give you an hour of her time to read you. A friend and I planned to go to her but because the reader had a fully booked sched for the month when I was in Pinas we never had the session. What I knew about soul reading then was culled from the feedbacks from that particular soul reader: It appeared that she could help you sort where you're good at, what things you have to change etc. Others posted that the reader would predict sickness or troubles or future loves. There were feedbacks too from others who commented what the reader told them didn't come true. In short, I didn't know one bit what it really was about. It was just something to try, a novelty. At that time all I wanted to hear was where me and my then-love would settle, how many kids we'll have and all those little stuffs about our future life together.
Five months ago
I met X online just as I was starting a little business venture. I guess, looking back, we just clicked. Gut feel told me that X and I would make a good team. It was like finding an old friend. When we broached the idea of starting a small venture together, it just seemed to make sense.Which is weird because at that time I still haven't met X personally and it was a bit reckless to have blind faith in someone on the strength of your chats alone. I am not a trusting person, well not when it comes to things that really meant to me. But X and I, it just seemed that we were friends long before we even met. It's one of the weirdest beginnings for friendship. But surprise, surprise! It seems that the business thing was just one part of the reason why we had to meet.
Last week
X and I have scheduled one whole day for our market research. I knew we were going to meet up with with X's SO for dinner as he's promised to help us sift through our plans for the little venture. To be honest I was all excited and giddy to have someone with a good business background to help us with our biz mapping. Turns out he helped in ways I couldn't have thought of even with my wild writer's imagination.
A coincidence
Early in the day an old college friend texted me. It turns out that she has a meeting near the area where X and I were so I introduced her to X and invited her to join us after her meeting. So in the afternoon, she accompanied X and I as we roamed through the places we needed to check.
If that particular day had to end at that point, it would still be considered a great day. We accomplished our biz related missions. Had some sharing time and well it was just a great, light girl talk kind of day. But no the best part was yet to come.
The Reading
When X kind of blabbed a few minutes before dinnertime that her SO has an uncanny ability to read auras, College friend and I kinda both said Yey! Can't wait to know what I'll learn about my life! In my mind it meant I'd hear points about myself that not most people would notice (at least those who are not really close to me), that and a few cute readings about the future. I certainly didn't expect that parts of my soul, or the pain I thought I've kept hidden so well to be dragged out until I had no other choice but to face them.
How does a reading go? It begins with serendipity.
To be continued…

