When I woke up this morning I thought it was still night time. 7:00 AM but still dark. So I hurriedly fixed myself and went out. The sky was grey, and the air was heavy with mist. Do you know how it feels to have mist all over you? It's not rain, you can't feel the droplets landing on your skin. But you feel it, a light moist, almost dewy caress to your face and hands as you move. It feels so much like London. This gloominess, the light sprays. The darkness at 7 AM. I kind of felt wistful of London, of that feeling of being around that old strange place, the feeling of being one among many other uprooted strangers. Where I live now, most people are monotonously the same, they look the same, and yes, they're still a bit cloistered, a bit unwary of people from other cultures. To be honest, it helps that I can pass as a Native, with my chinese looking features. I am spared from the looks and stares, they think I'm just one of them, at least until I open my mouth to speak. But in London I'd walk out and there it is-- a sea of races-- white, black, Asian, Indian, the air filling with a babble of tongues. It feels so good to be a foreigner in that place because most other person is.
I am babbling again, no? I remember the castles I went to in Warwick and in Scotland. That feeling of history, the sense of wonder in those places. They're old and although they've been preserved for tourists like me, there's something
about their being so ancient, so heavy with history, they leave something, a mark of hard-earned genuineness.
Why do I want to go back to Europe? It's this languid sense of culture that they have. You can find something old anywhere you go, there's invariably always something that you'll find to be unexplainably charming. Despite being such an expensive place to live, despite realizing that I can have a more upscalelifestyle where I am now, there is just something about that place. i grew up so much as a person in that continent, learned so much about life and to think I have not travelled much. So there it is, in the open, I look at Europe and remember, how this is the one place where I'd want to live in while I find myself.

