I slept like a baby today. I woke up at 10:00 AM, and slept a total of thirteen hours, there is still a remnant of dull ache on my lower legs, souvenir from a fun and thrilling day in Caribbean Bay.
Caribbean Bay is a water park on the outskirts of Seoul. The four of us, L, her boyfriend A, B, and I arrived at the park at about 9 AM. And the fun began! There's a lot of things to do in this water park, most of which have to do with water. There are saunas and spas, a wave pool that simulates giant (like 10 ft) sea waves, and thrilling rides. Of course one can swim, but not one of us swam haha.
Of course it being a water park, swim wear is required. Which just goes to show what you can train your mind into thinking in a week's time. I went from being totally apprehensive (baring flesh was never a comfortable topic) to adapting this, yeah okay, swimsuit it is! attitude a few days before the trip. The thing is, I've always loved amusement parks and water, so them being in one place was like me being a kid in my own little wonderland.
Because we were four, we got through the water slides in tandem, wooshing through the loopy wet slides in those double donut looking rubber rafts. (Like you know, a typical water inflatable is a big-donut like tyre, put two of these together and there you have it, rubber rafts for two!). To be honest, we did no swimming at all. We spent the day going through I think three slides, three thrill rides, an hour or two riding the big artificial waves in the wave pool and in between sank our hyper selves into cold/hot, cinnamon/strawberry spa pools, and dry and wet saunas.
I've never felt as carefree, as fun as I was that day. It was just me being a child, with people who are close to me.
Anyhow, in the evening, my korean friend told us that we're going to have some swellfish for dinner. Okay, so I initially thought she just mispronounced the word and meant shellfish. But then she tells us that it's a famous fish known for its toxin and that certificates are issued to those who are deemed skilled enough to handle the fish. What do you know, we were to feast on the famous Japanese blowfish known as Fugu. The truth is, the fish was nothing extraordinary. It was sweet and perfect as fish tempura, and as a soupy dish with kimchi. But hmmm, you would not really appreciate it aside from it being a sweetish, white fleshed fish. Of course knowing that it was Fugu added a certain excitement in the eating. But well, I'm still typing this so no toxins here.
Son there. I just wanted to blab about a great, child-happy, yehey type of day. I've missed this sort of day and was desperately in need of one. So here it was. Here's hoping to more fun days ahead.

