Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Unsent

There's this point when you just know, it's time to let go.
I've done all I can. I've eaten my pride. I've let you hear me cry. And I've let them see me in a bad light, I've allowed them to make assumptions, knowing that you will keep your silence and will not raise an inch to defend me.I've let you hurt me with your dagger-like words and the smirk you welcomed me with that time we met again.

I thought I could make up for all that I've done. I hung my hopes on what we once had. How powerful, how stubborn we were when we had it. But there's no point. It's too much. And I'm tired and spent and I've unravelled into this needy, inconsolable person. So I'm letting you go. Despite knowing that I would have done everything if you just allowed me to make up for my one big mistake. Despite realizing that it was you all along. Because for once I must learn to be unselfish. And let you go to paint your life. It hurts like crazy to see you off, to that place, to that new life. When all these years we've painted a picture of that same place, of that same life together.

And I must find courage from somewhere, to start anew. To believe in something better, to conquer this fear, this regret of letting go of that one good thing I had all along. All these, because, despite falling, and forgetting, despite this road, where our paths separate, I realize that I still do....